Lyn Brown MP holds cake sale in Newham for cancer charity’s Big Coffee Morning
- Credit: Archant
Lyn Brown MP held a cake sale for a charity coffee morning to raise money for a national cancer charity.
Ms Brown baked the cakes ahead of Macmillan Cancer Support’s Big Coffee Morning held on Friday (October 4) at Newham Dockside.
The West Ham MP, whose mother died of cancer two years ago, was working in partnership with the Women’s Institute in Forest Gate.
Last year Ms Brown and the WI helped to raise £800 for Macmillan with a cake sale, and hope to have beaten that total this time.
She said: “I am overwhelmed by the support from Forest Gate Women’s Institute, councillors and friends who were kind enough to join me in baking an enormous variety of cakes.
You may also want to watch:
“I am hoping that we have raised well over £1000 and I could not have done it without the generosity and kindness of Waitrose and Tate and Lyle Sugars, who provided the ingredients.
“Thanks also to Sir Robin Wales and Newham Council for providing the venue and the customers.”
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 7 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 8 Dame Vera Lynn memorial campaign announced on first anniversary of star's death
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
For more information visit www.coffee.macmillan.org.uk.