Lyn Brown MP holds cake sale in Newham for cancer charity’s Big Coffee Morning
- Credit: Archant
Lyn Brown MP held a cake sale for a charity coffee morning to raise money for a national cancer charity.
Ms Brown baked the cakes ahead of Macmillan Cancer Support’s Big Coffee Morning held on Friday (October 4) at Newham Dockside.
The West Ham MP, whose mother died of cancer two years ago, was working in partnership with the Women’s Institute in Forest Gate.
Last year Ms Brown and the WI helped to raise £800 for Macmillan with a cake sale, and hope to have beaten that total this time.
She said: “I am overwhelmed by the support from Forest Gate Women’s Institute, councillors and friends who were kind enough to join me in baking an enormous variety of cakes.
“I am hoping that we have raised well over £1000 and I could not have done it without the generosity and kindness of Waitrose and Tate and Lyle Sugars, who provided the ingredients.
“Thanks also to Sir Robin Wales and Newham Council for providing the venue and the customers.”
- 1 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 2 We need a couple of bodies says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 3 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 4 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 5 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 6 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 7 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 10 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
For more information visit www.coffee.macmillan.org.uk.