Lyn Brown MP holds cake sale in Newham for cancer charity’s Big Coffee Morning
- Credit: Archant
Lyn Brown MP held a cake sale for a charity coffee morning to raise money for a national cancer charity.
Ms Brown baked the cakes ahead of Macmillan Cancer Support’s Big Coffee Morning held on Friday (October 4) at Newham Dockside.
The West Ham MP, whose mother died of cancer two years ago, was working in partnership with the Women’s Institute in Forest Gate.
Last year Ms Brown and the WI helped to raise £800 for Macmillan with a cake sale, and hope to have beaten that total this time.
She said: “I am overwhelmed by the support from Forest Gate Women’s Institute, councillors and friends who were kind enough to join me in baking an enormous variety of cakes.
You may also want to watch:
“I am hoping that we have raised well over £1000 and I could not have done it without the generosity and kindness of Waitrose and Tate and Lyle Sugars, who provided the ingredients.
“Thanks also to Sir Robin Wales and Newham Council for providing the venue and the customers.”
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
For more information visit www.coffee.macmillan.org.uk.