Luxury hotel destined for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A luxury hotel is the first building developers have planned for The International Quarter (TIQ) in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Starboard Atlantic Hotels LLP has bought a 275,000 sq ft site in Stratford overlooking new homes and schools in East Village, formerly home to athletes during the London 2012 Games.
The 18-storey complex is set to include an extended stay hotel and an upmarket internationally branded hotel accommodating around 500 bedrooms.
Paul Callingham, managing director of Starboard Hotels, said: “The Olympic Park has become one of the most iconic venues in London and plans for creating a legacy on the site will ensure that it remains a key hub for both business and leisure in East London.
“The Starboard Atlantic Hotels offering will provide a mix of four-star hotel space, luxury aparthotel and first-class restaurant facilities.
You may also want to watch:
“We are in discussions with a number of brand partners for the hotel itself.”
An application is due to be submitted later this year for the four-star hotel complex to open in 2016.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
Lend Lease, developers of TIQ alongside London & Continental Railways (LCR), struck the deal on Tuesday July 16.
TIQ is one of Britain’s biggest mixed use developments and the partners hope it will bring 25,000 new jobs, four million sq ft of commercial office space, and 350 new homes to the area.
Kristy Lansdown, Lend Lease’s project director, said: “The Starboard Atlantic brand offer is an ideal fit for the new commercial hub we are creating in Stratford, which capitalises on the world-class infrastructure which was put in place for the London 2012 Olympics and is one of the best connected places in London.”