Luxury hotel destined for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A luxury hotel is the first building developers have planned for The International Quarter (TIQ) in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Starboard Atlantic Hotels LLP has bought a 275,000 sq ft site in Stratford overlooking new homes and schools in East Village, formerly home to athletes during the London 2012 Games.
The 18-storey complex is set to include an extended stay hotel and an upmarket internationally branded hotel accommodating around 500 bedrooms.
Paul Callingham, managing director of Starboard Hotels, said: “The Olympic Park has become one of the most iconic venues in London and plans for creating a legacy on the site will ensure that it remains a key hub for both business and leisure in East London.
“The Starboard Atlantic Hotels offering will provide a mix of four-star hotel space, luxury aparthotel and first-class restaurant facilities.
“We are in discussions with a number of brand partners for the hotel itself.”
An application is due to be submitted later this year for the four-star hotel complex to open in 2016.
- 1 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 2 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 3 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 Wellens wants fans 'out in force' as Leyton Orient host Mansfield
- 6 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 7 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 8 Polio: Symptoms, vaccines and what you need to know
- 9 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 10 Young children in east London to be offered polio booster jabs
Lend Lease, developers of TIQ alongside London & Continental Railways (LCR), struck the deal on Tuesday July 16.
TIQ is one of Britain’s biggest mixed use developments and the partners hope it will bring 25,000 new jobs, four million sq ft of commercial office space, and 350 new homes to the area.
Kristy Lansdown, Lend Lease’s project director, said: “The Starboard Atlantic brand offer is an ideal fit for the new commercial hub we are creating in Stratford, which capitalises on the world-class infrastructure which was put in place for the London 2012 Olympics and is one of the best connected places in London.”