Love and laughter as Hardeep Singh Kohli visits Stratford Circus
- Credit: Archant
“Don’t bring your parents because you’ll get embarrassed.” That’s the message from Hardeep Singh Kohli ahead of the arrival of his stand up tour, Hardeep Is Your Love, which comes to Stratford Circus later this month.
“It’s about love and sex in middle age,” he said.
“It’s kind of autobiographical, in that I’m a middle aged man and I’m not getting enough sex.”
The show was premiered at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and has seen a few tweaks to it before the national tour.
Fans of Hardeep who have attended his previous tours should expect a slight variation to what has become an established norm
You may also want to watch:
“My other shows were about cooking, which doesn’t really feature in this one.
“It’s still going to be fairly similar though; I haven’t changed.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
The show at Stratford Circus will be a welcome return to the area for former east London resident Hardeep.
“It’s my only London date so I’m going to have lots of friends there as well.
“It’s a really interesting place to play; it feels like you’re talking to people more than doing a show.”
So what are his plans for after the tour?
“The show will never finish,” he jokes, before explaining a couple of radio projects he has lined up.
With an established career as a broadcaster as well as a comedian - he became a familiar face during his time as a reporter on The One Show - he enjoys the challenges that a stage show brings.
“You can say things that you can’t get away with on radio, and it’s a lot more spontaneous.
“I had a woman in Hull tell me her mum was a dominatrix, which took up 20 minutes of the show.”
Hardeep Is Your Love will be at Stratford Circus at 8pm on Saturday, May 31.
Tickets cost between £8 and £12 and can be booked at stratford-circus.com