Lorry driver ‘not at fault’ in Brian Florey fatal collision
- Credit: Archant
No charges have been brought against a lorry driver who was involved in a fatal collision with a cyclist training for a charity ride.
Father-of-two Brian Florey was killed after colliding with a lorry while cycling along Ripple Road (the A13 westbound) in November last year. The 35-year-old fire engine mechanic was training for the 2013 London-to-Paris cycle ride for Macmillan when he was involved in the collision. He had survived testicular cancer.
The lorry driver was first arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving but was later released without charge once enquiries were complete at the end of December.
A police spokesperson said: “The investigation into this incident is now complete. After viewing the CCTV from the lorry and the street view CCTV the lorry driver was found not to be at fault.
“No charges have been brought and no further action will be taken against the driver.”
Mr Florey, from Canning Town, worked as a mobile repair mechanic for company Babcock and would be called out to fix faults with fire engines at stations across east London.
More than 300 uniformed firefighters formed a guard of honour at his funeral on December 3 at the East London Cemetery in Plaistow. His coffin was carried on a vintage Leyland fire engine.
- 1 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 2 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 3 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 4 West Ham need to 'improve everything' for Forest trip says Soucek
- 5 Leyton Orient 'don't really need' Forest Green Rovers cup tie says Wellens
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 Extreme heat: Met Office issues warning as temperatures set to soar
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 10 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
He is survived by partner Julie and daughters Holli and Lauren.