Lorry driver hurt after accident near Beckton roundabout
Motorists at the Beckton roundabout were hit by delays this afternoon after two accidents involving a lorry and a motorcycle.
The southbound A406 is closed at its junction with the roundabout after the vehicle, which was transporting a crane, overturned while driving on Hertford Road in Barking at lunchtime.
Emergency services, including the London Air Ambulance, were scrambled to the incident.
The 60-year-old driver was taken to the major trauma unit at The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel after he sustained a head injury.
At about 3pm, the accident involving a motorcycle caused one corner of the Beckton roundabout to be blocked for around an hour.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist was treated at the scene before the roundabout was cleared for traffic.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder