Lord Mayor looking for businesses giving back to Newham
The City of London are looking for Newham businesses who contribute to the regeneration of the area to recognise in their annual community awards.
The Lord Mayor’s Dragon Awards, now in their 25th year, celebrates those businesses and community organisations that give something back to their community in education, economic regeneration, social inclusion, as well as recipients for their Community Partners, Heart of the City, and Lord Mayor’s Award.
Lord Mayor of the City of London David Wootton said: “Partnerships of businesses and community organisations, working together on important social and economic regeneration projects in their local area, are vital to the development and overall wellbeing of our society,
“So I urge Newham businesses - big or small and from all walks of life - to come forward and showcase the important work they have done in their local community.”
Businesses of any size or type can apply now online at www.dragonawards.org.uk until May 28.
You may also want to watch:
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at Mansion House on October 3.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford