London Marathon: Newham FC coach’s triple charity challenge
- Credit: Anees Ikramullah
Anees Ikramullah will be swapping the sidelines for the streets of London next weekend when he takes on his first London Marathon.
For the 24-year-old coach of Newham FC’s first team, it’s the second of three gruelling challenges in the space of three months.
“I was already signed up to the Nuts Challenge when the opportunity to do the marathon came along,” he said.
“It’s been something that’s been on my bucket list for a while and I’ve always wanted to do it.
“When I got the chance to do Tough Mudder, I thought I may as well go for a triple challenge.”
You may also want to watch:
Anees, who lives in Goodmayes, has set himself a target of raising £2,500 for Interactive, a charity which promotes disability equality in sport.
“I used to work for them and it was great to see the work they did, helping people all over London,” he said.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
“Some of the people at the club don’t understand why I’m putting myself through all this but it’s something I’m really passionate about.”
To sponsor Anees, visit virginmoneygiving.com/aneesikramullah