Canning Town community gardens and West Ham Park win London in Bloom awards
- Credit: City of London Corporation
A park and two community gardens in Newham have been recognised in the London in Bloom awards.
The Cody Road and South Crescent Business Group and Core Landscapes Community Garden, both in Canning Town, received gold awards in the our community category of the annual horticultural awards.
They were also both graded as outstanding in the community gardening award category.
West Ham Park, which is run by the City of London Corporation, picked up gold in the large park of the year category.
Oliver Sells, chairman of the corporation’s open spaces and city gardens committee, said: “This result is a testament to all our staff and volunteers who have worked so hard during the unprecedented year we have had.
You may also want to watch:
“My thanks to them. We will continue to protect and conserve the capital’s open spaces so they can be enjoyed and appreciated by all Londoners.”
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 9 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash