LONDON CITY UPDATE
PLANES continue to remain grounded at London City Airport due to the adverse weather.
And although the decision to suspend all arrivals and departures will be looked at again at 2pm the airport’s own website shows cancellations and indefinite delays on the majority of flights until 4pm this afternoon.
The shutdown was ordered following heavy snowfalls during the early morning.
Elsewhere three schools in Newham - St Michael’s in East Ham, Scott Wilkie in Custom House and John F Kennedy in Beckton -remained shut today, giving hundreds of youngsters an unexpected day off classes.
You may also want to watch:
A Town Hall spokesman said the situation as to other schools is being constantly monitored.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show