LONDON CITY UPDATE
PLANES continue to remain grounded at London City Airport due to the adverse weather.
And although the decision to suspend all arrivals and departures will be looked at again at 2pm the airport’s own website shows cancellations and indefinite delays on the majority of flights until 4pm this afternoon.
The shutdown was ordered following heavy snowfalls during the early morning.
Elsewhere three schools in Newham - St Michael’s in East Ham, Scott Wilkie in Custom House and John F Kennedy in Beckton -remained shut today, giving hundreds of youngsters an unexpected day off classes.
You may also want to watch:
A Town Hall spokesman said the situation as to other schools is being constantly monitored.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic