London City is named best airport in Europe
- Credit: Archant
London City Airport has been named the best airport of its size in Europe for the second time at an industry awards ceremony
The 9th annual ACI Europe Best Airport Awards took place in Istanbul recently where the airport was announced as the winner of the 1-5 million passenger category for the second year running.
The judges awarded the prize to the airport for its streamlined passenger experience which is at the heart of its corporate strategy.
Declan Collier, Chief Executive of London City Airport said: “It is an honour to win this award and for the second consecutive year, demonstrating how hard the LCY team works to deliver consistently high standards and implement new initiatives.”
ACI Europe counts over 450 airports in 46 countries among its membership and LCY faced stiff competition in its category. The judging panel highlighted the rapid and pleasant transit through the airport as a key factor in selecting it as the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Collier said: “Location, convenience and speed of transit are London City Airport’s unique propositions – key benefits to the passenger of which we are justly proud and committed to maintaining and enhancing as we move into our next phase of growth.”
- 1 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 2 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 3 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 6 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 10 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham