London City Airport to launch flight path modernisation consultation
- Credit: Archant
London City Airport is to launch a public consultation on plans to modernise flight paths with a new navigation system.
The consultation, which will run from September 4 2014 to November 27 2014, is a statutory requirement according to Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) regulations and is being conducted to ensure the needs of stakeholders such as the London City Airport Consultative Committee are considered.
It is limited to proposals to improve the navigation systems that define the arrival and departure routes to the airport. A spokeswoman for the airport said the proposals are not about flight movements, infrastructure or aviation policy.
The Area Navigation system, known as RNAV, is designed to supersede ground-based navigational systems that are used today. The proposed changes are part of a wider programme to modernise the air route system over London and the south east.
The Civil Aviation Authority requires that all aircraft should be approved to navigate using the new system by November 2017
You may also want to watch:
More information about the proposal, including diagrams illustrating the proposed flight path modernisation, and information about how to take part in the consultation process, and what outcomes can be expected, is available on the London City Airport Consultative Committee (LCACC) website www.lcacc.org, and on the London City Airport website www.londoncityairport.com/londonairspacemanagement.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley