London City Airport’s record-breaking passengers
- Credit: Archant
London City Airport is celebrating after a record number of passengers travelled through the airport.
May 2013 was the busiest month on record at the airport which had its busiest ever month, week and day in May, peaking at 15,697 passengers on May 23 to total 315,514 - the highest monthly figure since it began operating 26 years ago.
The figures represent an increase of almost 20 per cent compared to May 2012.
Matthew Hall, Chief Commercial Officer at London City Airport said: “These record-breaking numbers, combined with consistently higher load factors, demonstrate real success in the development of the route network at LCY.
“With several new routes having launched already this year and additional rotations on established routes, we have achieved a significant increase in passenger numbers, compared to relatively static growth at other airports in the South East.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to work with our airline partners to ensure we deliver the schedule that our passengers want, as well as maintaining and improving the business-class experience that people enjoy when travelling through London City Airport.”
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Sir David Amess remembered as 'loved husband, father, MP and St Bon's boy'
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 Candle causes Stratford flat fire which saw two people in hospital
- 10 Gallions Reach chef to be judged by Michel Roux Jr as finalist for prestigious title