London City Airport ‘one of world’s best scenic approaches’ say jet passengers
- Credit: City Airport promo
This is one of the world’s best views for jet-setters when coming into land—the approach to London City Airport.
It has been voted into the Top 10 stunning airport landings in a passengers’ poll by Private Fly jet booking service.
Air passengers and the travel industry’s movers and shakers were asked for their most scenic landing in its annual survey.
London City’s runways in the former Royal Docks at Silvertown landed in ninth place, with Nice Airport on the Côte D’Azur flying high at number 1.
“Our location just three miles from Canary Wharf and seven from the City gives passengers an aerial view of their office or place they’re visiting before they even land,” said City Airport’s chief executive Declan Collier.
“The landmarks make a breathtaking view, which even the most-frequent flyer would struggle to tire of.”
You may also want to watch:
One voter praised “the drama and beauty of flying through the heart of the world’s most vibrant city”. Another commented that the pivot around the Shard, the City and of Canary Wharf was “a superb way to see London”.
But it wasn’t Britain’s most-stunning airport approach—that was Barra in the Scottish Hebrides Isles.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses