London City Airport ‘one of world’s best scenic approaches’ say jet passengers
- Credit: City Airport promo
This is one of the world’s best views for jet-setters when coming into land—the approach to London City Airport.
It has been voted into the Top 10 stunning airport landings in a passengers’ poll by Private Fly jet booking service.
Air passengers and the travel industry’s movers and shakers were asked for their most scenic landing in its annual survey.
London City’s runways in the former Royal Docks at Silvertown landed in ninth place, with Nice Airport on the Côte D’Azur flying high at number 1.
“Our location just three miles from Canary Wharf and seven from the City gives passengers an aerial view of their office or place they’re visiting before they even land,” said City Airport’s chief executive Declan Collier.
“The landmarks make a breathtaking view, which even the most-frequent flyer would struggle to tire of.”
You may also want to watch:
One voter praised “the drama and beauty of flying through the heart of the world’s most vibrant city”. Another commented that the pivot around the Shard, the City and of Canary Wharf was “a superb way to see London”.
But it wasn’t Britain’s most-stunning airport approach—that was Barra in the Scottish Hebrides Isles.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding