London City Airport needs your votes
London City Airport is in the running to be named one of the world’s top ten most stunning airport landings.
The approach to the Docklands provides spectacular views of London’s skyline including Canary Wharf, St. Paul’s Cathedral, the Houses of Parliament and the Olympic Park. It also allows passengers to see that they are coming right into the heart of London and all it has to offer.
The top ten airport approaches is being compiled by PrivateFly.com and LCY has been shortlisted alongside 31 other airports including Cape Town, Hong Kong, Las Vegas, New York, Venice and Rio de Janeiro.
London City Airport has featured in the top ten for the last two years and Matthew Hall, chief commercial officer at the airport, said: “The location of LCY means that views from the air are truly wonderful. London is one of the most important cities in the world and on approach to LCY you can see all of the major landmarks that make this city so famous. Our passengers choose us for the convenience of being so close to the centre of London, and being able to see the part of town that you’re heading to from the plane is something really quite special.”
It was nominated by; Tatler Travel Editor, Francisca Kellett; Editor of Flight International, Murdo Morrison; former Editor of Saturday Telegraph Magazine and Deputy Editor of Sunday Times Style, Sarah Miller; and Managing Director of Voyage Priv�, John Bevan.
You may also want to watch:
To vote, visit www.privatefly.com. Voting closes at the end of December.
- 1 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 2 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 3 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 9 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 10 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed