London City Airport is UK’s most punctual airport
- Credit: Archant
London City Airport is the best UK airport for flights leaving on-time and for having the shortest average delay time a report can reveal.
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has released its on time performance data for all scheduled passenger flights at 10 UK airports and the Royal Docks airport has faired the best.
On time performance for the 10 airports fell last year by one per cent to 79 per cent but London City Airport is the highest performing with 88 per cent of its flights leaving on time.
On time is defined as a flight leaving early or up to 15 minutes late.
Gatwick Airport is the worst airport with 74 per cent of flights on time.
You may also want to watch:
London City Airport also has the shortest average delay time of seven minutes. This compares to the UK average of 12 minutes and 15 minutes at Gatwick, the worst performing airport.
“Arriving on time matters to passengers and our work helps ensure consumers have the best data and information to make better and more informed choices,” Iain Osborne, group director for regulatory policy at the CAA said.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
The report monitored 1.4m scheduled passenger flights for punctuality.
Mr Osborne believes the small dip in punctuality performance in 2014 could be linked to poor weather and overseas air traffic control strikes.
A spokesperson for London City Airport said: “The CAA data proves that flying through LCA saves you valuable time.
“The airport prides itself on offering a fast check-in of 20 minutes door to lounge, and even faster arrival of 15 minutes from tarmac to train or taxi.
“Less time at the airport means the reassurance that you’re flying from the most punctual airport in the UK means you can get on with your trip without delay.”