London City Airport in Silvertown launches stand consultation
London City Airport has launched a public consultation on plans to replace aircraft parking stands at the airport.
The plans will see existing aircraft parking stands replaced to allowing the next generation of jets to use the airport without the need for a new runway or terminal buildings.
The airport has reassured residents living close to it that there will be no increases in numbers of flights above what is already permitted.
The project is focused on ensuring that most modern aircraft can operate at the Silvertown airport. This is expected to deliver benefits for local communities in terms of reduced noise and emissions, whilst enabling the airport to continue to contribute over �500m each year to the economy, provide thousands of jobs, deliver productivity benefits to London’s business community and support the ongoing regeneration of East London.
Richard Gooding OBE, Chief Executive of London City Airport said: “Our neighbours are extremely important to us and we are eager to show them the proposals for replacing our aircraft parking stands with a layout that can accommodate the next generation of cleaner and more technologically advanced aircraft.
“I want people who live locally to know what we are doing and why. I would urge local people to log on to the consultation website to find out more about our plans and let us know what they think: www.londoncityairport.com/asrp”
- 1 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 2 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 7 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure