London City Airport in Silvertown launches stand consultation
London City Airport has launched a public consultation on plans to replace aircraft parking stands at the airport.
The plans will see existing aircraft parking stands replaced to allowing the next generation of jets to use the airport without the need for a new runway or terminal buildings.
The airport has reassured residents living close to it that there will be no increases in numbers of flights above what is already permitted.
The project is focused on ensuring that most modern aircraft can operate at the Silvertown airport. This is expected to deliver benefits for local communities in terms of reduced noise and emissions, whilst enabling the airport to continue to contribute over �500m each year to the economy, provide thousands of jobs, deliver productivity benefits to London’s business community and support the ongoing regeneration of East London.
Richard Gooding OBE, Chief Executive of London City Airport said: “Our neighbours are extremely important to us and we are eager to show them the proposals for replacing our aircraft parking stands with a layout that can accommodate the next generation of cleaner and more technologically advanced aircraft.
You may also want to watch:
“I want people who live locally to know what we are doing and why. I would urge local people to log on to the consultation website to find out more about our plans and let us know what they think: www.londoncityairport.com/asrp”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford