Community groups scoop share of £35,000 from London City Airport fund
- Credit: � 2020 Andrew Baker
An airport’s community fund has awarded £35,000 in its first round of giving this year.
London City Airport has donated up to £3,000 to 15 groups across 11 boroughs in the capital from its community fund.
Newham beneficiaries include the River Roding Trust, which is restoring a stretch of the waterway, and Woman's Talk, a not for profit organisation supporting women with their mental health.
Patient Participation Group - which is creating a therapeutic community sensory garden - and Grit Breakthrough Programmes - a group helping marginalised 16-18 year-olds - have also received funding.
Information about the fund can be found at londoncityairport.com/corporate/responsible-growth/community-fund
You may also want to watch:
Prospective applicants with questions or queries can contact Community.Fund@londoncityairport.com
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 9 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years