London City Aiport’s record month with more than 328,000 passengers
- Credit: Archant
London City Airport as recorded its busiest month with 328,115 people flying from it in July.
The figures represent a 25 per cent increase on the same period in 2012 and 12,600 more than the previous record, set in May this year.
Matthew Hall, Chief Commercial Officer at the airport said: “London City Airport is primarily a business airport, which suggests that the summer months would be quieter for us. However, with airlines adding more leisure routes and additional business destination frequencies, this summer is so far turning out to be even busier than the winter months.
“While we are delighted that more people are choosing the convenience of LCY, these numbers demonstrate the importance of developing our existing infrastructure. We have submitted a planning application for works including an extension to the terminal building, to help us maintain and enhance the level of customer service excellence that our passenger customers rightly expect.”
New routes added at London City Airport since last summer include; Aberdeen, Dresden, Kristiansand, Nuremberg, Paderborn, Rome and Venice, as well as additional frequencies to Luxemburg and Milan.
You may also want to watch:
The airport caters for over three million passengers and 70,000 movements annually. Last year it celebrated its millionth flight, 36 millionth passenger and 25 years of operation.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim