Revealed: Vehicle-related noise complaints in the borough in 2020
- Credit: PA/ Dominic Lipinski
From modified exhausts and engine revving to car alarms and loud music, a study has investigated which London boroughs have the most vehicle-related noise complaints.
Freedom of information (FOI) requests sent to councils around the UK found Redbridge was the second noisiest area in the country last year with 290 complaints, while Tower Hamlets was the fourth with 210.
Of the complaints recorded in Redbridge, 154 were related to engine revving and loud exhausts, 62 were about car alarms and 54 were linked to loud music blaring from vehicles.
In Tower Hamlets, most complaints referred to noise from cars in the street, with machinery, equipment and commercial vehicles noise making up the rest.
Newham ranked seventh in London and 19th nationwide, with 72 vehicle noise complaints recorded in 2020.
You may also want to watch:
There were seven London boroughs in the top 20 noisiest areas in the country, according to the research, which was completed by comparethemarket.com.
More than 1,500 vehicle noise complaints were found to have been made across the capital in 2020.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation