London boroughs to receive Covid Winter Grant Scheme funding boost
- Credit: Kirsty O'Connor/PA
London councils are to receive an extra £9.5million under the Covid Winter Grant Scheme, it has been announced.
This will be added to each council's allocation, previously set according to a decided share of the initial £170m pot set aside in England.
That first injection was intended to last until this month, with this latest boost intended for the two-week Easter period (until April 16).
As with the initial allocation, Newham and Tower Hamlets will benefit most from the boost, receiving £470,772 and £418,230 respectively (to add to the £1m-plus each received previously).
Barking and Dagenham is set to receive £302,480, while Havering and Redbridge will get £231,087 and £274,259 each.
You may also want to watch:
Though 80 per cent of the funding is ringfenced for food, energy and water bills, councils can choose how they deliver that support. The remaining 20pc is available for other associated costs.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 7 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 8 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 9 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more