London Aquatics Centre set for birthday celebrations
- Credit: Archant
London Aquatics Centre celebrates its first birthday on Sunday – and you’re invited to the party.
The facility, which opened to the public in March 2014, is offering free fitness tasters.
Visitors are invited to take a sprinting challenge with England Athletics, take part in a free introduction to diving or even try out water polo.
Peter Bundey, deputy manager of venue operators GLL, said the centre can look back on a great year.
“We have been delighted by the response we have received from both the general public and elite sportsmen and women since it reopened last year,” he said. “The venue looks set to play a significant part in the sporting landscape for many years to come.”
You may also want to watch:
Before catering for the public, the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park venue hosted the 2012 Olympics and, since reopening, has hosted the Invictus Games, Sport Relief and National Paralympics Day.
More information and a full timetable is available at londonaquaticscentre.org/events/118
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 8 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?