London 2012: Zara Phillips to carry Olympic Torch today
The Olympic Flame will be in royal hands today as Zara Phillips carries the Torch.
The Queen’s granddaughter will be the last torchbearer and will carry the Olympic Torch on her horse ToyTown. She will light the cauldron at Cheltenham Racecourse, where a celebration will take place to welcome the Flame.
Zara Phillips, whose mother The Princess Royal collected the Flame in Greece last week, has won world and European titles in equestrian.
Also carrying the Olympic Torch today are footballers Didier Drogba, who has just announced he is leaving Chelsea, and Josh McEachran.
On day five of the Torch relay the Flame will travel through places including Royal Wootton Bassett, Swindon and Stroud before reaching Cheltenham, where it will be kept overnight.
You may also want to watch:
Other torchbearers include George Stockton from Gloucestershire. The 18-year-old is profoundly deaf yet has always worked hard against the odds to compete alongside his hearing peers. He was selected to play for the County of Dorset under 16’s Football Team when he was 15 and has completed his Level 2 FA Coaching qualification alongside studying for a Sports Coaching Diploma.
Chloe Walker, 13, has cerebral palsy and makes the most of every experience she has. She has taken part in Playground2Podium programme and has participated in activities at a district and county level.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
Firefighter Suzanne Enghed will be carrying the Flame instead of putting it out during her leg. The 22-year-old from Gloucestershire competed at the World Firefighter Games and the World’s Ultimate Firefighter during 2011.