London 2012: Westfield Stratford City car parks close for Olympics
Westfield Stratford City’s car parks close to the public today to prepare for the Olympic Games.
Westfield said: “From June 18 2012, all car parks at Westfield Stratford City will be closed to the public as we, the Official Shopping Centre Provider, London 2012 Organising Committee and the local councils start to prepare Stratford for the forthcoming Olympic and Paralympic Games. All car parks will remain closed until after the Paralympic Games.
“During this time vehicles will not be permitted to enter Westfield Stratford City and the current access via Warton Road (off Stratford High Street), Penny Brookes Street (off Angel Lane) and the A12 interchange will be closed.”
In the statement, Westfield is urging people to continue with their shopping, dining and leisure activities by using public transport.
The Central Line, Jubilee line, DLR and High Speed 1 will services directly into Stratford further supported by the existing bus network, London Overground, National Rail, as well as taxis fron the rank at Meridian Square, adjacent to Stratford Station.
You may also want to watch:
A limited number of blue badge spaces will be available to book in advance in Car Park C for shoppers with accessibility needs.
Reservations for parking spaces are required a day in advance.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Blue Badge Booking Request’ or telephone 0208 221 7355 between the hours of 8am – 10pm.