London 2012: Westfield Stratford City car parks close for Olympics
Westfield Stratford City’s car parks close to the public today to prepare for the Olympic Games.
Westfield said: “From June 18 2012, all car parks at Westfield Stratford City will be closed to the public as we, the Official Shopping Centre Provider, London 2012 Organising Committee and the local councils start to prepare Stratford for the forthcoming Olympic and Paralympic Games. All car parks will remain closed until after the Paralympic Games.
“During this time vehicles will not be permitted to enter Westfield Stratford City and the current access via Warton Road (off Stratford High Street), Penny Brookes Street (off Angel Lane) and the A12 interchange will be closed.”
In the statement, Westfield is urging people to continue with their shopping, dining and leisure activities by using public transport.
The Central Line, Jubilee line, DLR and High Speed 1 will services directly into Stratford further supported by the existing bus network, London Overground, National Rail, as well as taxis fron the rank at Meridian Square, adjacent to Stratford Station.
You may also want to watch:
A limited number of blue badge spaces will be available to book in advance in Car Park C for shoppers with accessibility needs.
Reservations for parking spaces are required a day in advance.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Blue Badge Booking Request’ or telephone 0208 221 7355 between the hours of 8am – 10pm.