London 2012: Twitter travel chat by transport commissioner Peter Hendy
London’s transport commissioner will be offering advice on Twitter about travelling during the Games.
Peter Hendy will take part in a Twitter chat from 10.30am to 11.30am on Friday.
Questions can be tweeted with the hashtag #AskPeter during the session, or in advance to @GAOTG.
During the chat, Mr Hendy will answer questions on all aspects of travel planning ahead of the Games, from how commuters can avoid the transport hotspots, to what businesses are doing to prepare for the Games.
He said: “During the Games, London will be turned into a massive sporting and cultural venue.
You may also want to watch:
“Parts of the transport network are going to be exceptionally busy, so we’re urging people not chance it.
“Talking to people directly on Twitter is just another way that we’re offering people advice and support to help them plan ahead to avoid the travel hotspots.”
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k