London 2012: Twitter travel chat by transport commissioner Peter Hendy
London’s transport commissioner will be offering advice on Twitter about travelling during the Games.
Peter Hendy will take part in a Twitter chat from 10.30am to 11.30am on Friday.
Questions can be tweeted with the hashtag #AskPeter during the session, or in advance to @GAOTG.
During the chat, Mr Hendy will answer questions on all aspects of travel planning ahead of the Games, from how commuters can avoid the transport hotspots, to what businesses are doing to prepare for the Games.
He said: “During the Games, London will be turned into a massive sporting and cultural venue.
You may also want to watch:
“Parts of the transport network are going to be exceptionally busy, so we’re urging people not chance it.
“Talking to people directly on Twitter is just another way that we’re offering people advice and support to help them plan ahead to avoid the travel hotspots.”
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 London Councils issues warning over planning reform in Queen's Speech
- 10 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs