London 2012: Travel advice for day three of Paralympic Games
Routes to and from the Olympic Park will be very busy today as all seven venues at the site are used for the first time during the Paralympic Games.
Approximately 215,000 people are expected to go to the Park, and there are also four major football fixtures are taking place across the capital which will lead to an increase in people travelling on public transport.
Matches will be at Tottenham, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Millwall. At Twickenham, the Aviva Premiership kicks off with games involving all four London clubs - Saracens, London Wasps, London Irish and Harlequins.
Transport for London (TfL) is advising that the Jubilee and Central lines, from central London to Stratford, and the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) network will be particularly busy, as will the District line in the early evening due to the rugby at Twickenham.
Javelin services to and from the Olympic Park will also be busy today and throughout the Paralympic Games, especially as events finish in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
London’s Transport Commissioner, Peter Hendy, said: “Today will be the first day where all seven venues in the Olympic Park will be used. With events at other Paralympic venues and four major football matches we expect it to be another busy and exciting day in London.
“We are therefore asking people to take the same sensible steps they did during the Olympics and avoid the busiest times and places and avoid driving around venues and the PRN.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House