London 2012: Travel advice for day three of Paralympic Games
Routes to and from the Olympic Park will be very busy today as all seven venues at the site are used for the first time during the Paralympic Games.
Approximately 215,000 people are expected to go to the Park, and there are also four major football fixtures are taking place across the capital which will lead to an increase in people travelling on public transport.
Matches will be at Tottenham, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Millwall. At Twickenham, the Aviva Premiership kicks off with games involving all four London clubs - Saracens, London Wasps, London Irish and Harlequins.
Transport for London (TfL) is advising that the Jubilee and Central lines, from central London to Stratford, and the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) network will be particularly busy, as will the District line in the early evening due to the rugby at Twickenham.
Javelin services to and from the Olympic Park will also be busy today and throughout the Paralympic Games, especially as events finish in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
London’s Transport Commissioner, Peter Hendy, said: “Today will be the first day where all seven venues in the Olympic Park will be used. With events at other Paralympic venues and four major football matches we expect it to be another busy and exciting day in London.
“We are therefore asking people to take the same sensible steps they did during the Olympics and avoid the busiest times and places and avoid driving around venues and the PRN.”
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show