London 2012: Transport busier as schools return during Paralympics
Roads and public transport across London will be busier this week as children return to school and the Paralympic Games continue.
Transport for London is advising people that public transport and road networks will be much busier than last week, and will continue to get busier throughout the week until all schools across London are back.
Events for the Paralympic Games are taking place at a number of venues today, including on the Olympic Park, at ExCeL and at the North Greenwich Arena.
The Jubilee and Central lines, from central London to Stratford, and the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) network will be particularly busy while London Underground stations at mainline termini will be busier than normal at peak times.
Javelin services to and from the Olympic Park will also be busy today and throughout the Paralympic Games, in both the morning and evening.
You may also want to watch:
London’s Transport Commissioner, Peter Hendy, said: “Londoners and people who work in London have been outstanding throughout both Games by planning in advance and avoiding busy times and places.
“With schools starting a new term this week, the majority of venues in use at the Olympic Park, and sporting action taking place at several other venues in the east of the city, please take the same sensible steps as during the Olympics and avoid the busiest times and places, and avoid driving around venues and the PRN.”
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Sir David Amess remembered as 'loved husband, father, MP and St Bon's boy'
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 Candle causes Stratford flat fire which saw two people in hospital
- 10 Gallions Reach chef to be judged by Michel Roux Jr as finalist for prestigious title