London 2012: Sneaky peak of Olympic sites before Games
For those who failed to get tickets, a children’s charity is offering a tour of the Olympic sites just days before the Games kick off.
Action for Children is offering members of the public a tour and final sneak-peak of the 2012 Olympic sights on Saturday July 7.
Guided by a local expert, walkers will discover fascinating facts about the history of East London and how the UK won the 2012 Olympic bid on a fun, factual two-hour tour. There will also be an interactive quiz to complete along the way. Funds raised during the event will help support vulnerable children, young people and families from Action for Children projects throughout the UK.
Rebecca Minett, Action for Children Partnership Fundraiser for London, said: “This event is a must for anyone interested in the London 2012 Olympics. It’s perfect if you want to take pictures and visit some of the Olympic sights – and you get to raise funds for an amazing charity at same time. Just like in the Olympics; everyone’s a winner!”
The London Olympic Walk starts at West Ham tube station at 10:30am and finishes two hours later at Pudding Mill Lane tube station, taking in inspiring sights such as the Olympic Stadium and the Aquatic Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Registration starts from �10 per person. If you would like to find out more or book a place on Action for Children’s London Olympic Walk, visit www.actionforchildren.org.uk/get-involved/events or contact Rebecca Minett on email email@example.com or 020 7582 3687.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 8 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result