London 2012: Royal Family at the Olympics - picture gallery
From the Olympic Stadium to the Riverbank Arena to the ExCeL, the Royal family was seen frequently during the Olympics supporting Team GB’s athletes.
The Games were officially opened by the Queen, whose entrance came after a now much-talked about video in which she appeared with Daniel Craig who was playing James Bond.
Prince Harry attended the closing ceremony of the Olympics as the Queen’s representative, and also attended a number of sporting events throughout the Games.
The Duchess of Cambridge, a keen sportswoman, attended events on almost every day of the Games, and also met volunteers and members of the Armed Forces who helped at the Games.
She was unafraid to show emotion during the course of competitions, cheering, grimacing and waiting in anticipation as athletes surged to victory or just fell short of the mark.
You may also want to watch:
The Duchess, along with her husband the Duke of Cambridge, even took part in Mexican waves at a number of venues.
The Princess Royal, who is president of the British Olympic Association (BOA), also attended a number events, and presented her daughter Zara Phillips with a medal when the equestrian team won a silver in the eventing.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 9 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 10 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
See pictures of the Royals at the Olympics in our gallery on this page.