London 2012: Royal Family at the Olympics - picture gallery
From the Olympic Stadium to the Riverbank Arena to the ExCeL, the Royal family was seen frequently during the Olympics supporting Team GB’s athletes.
The Games were officially opened by the Queen, whose entrance came after a now much-talked about video in which she appeared with Daniel Craig who was playing James Bond.
Prince Harry attended the closing ceremony of the Olympics as the Queen’s representative, and also attended a number of sporting events throughout the Games.
The Duchess of Cambridge, a keen sportswoman, attended events on almost every day of the Games, and also met volunteers and members of the Armed Forces who helped at the Games.
She was unafraid to show emotion during the course of competitions, cheering, grimacing and waiting in anticipation as athletes surged to victory or just fell short of the mark.
You may also want to watch:
The Duchess, along with her husband the Duke of Cambridge, even took part in Mexican waves at a number of venues.
The Princess Royal, who is president of the British Olympic Association (BOA), also attended a number events, and presented her daughter Zara Phillips with a medal when the equestrian team won a silver in the eventing.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 9 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 10 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
See pictures of the Royals at the Olympics in our gallery on this page.