London 2012: Royal Family at the Olympics - picture gallery
From the Olympic Stadium to the Riverbank Arena to the ExCeL, the Royal family was seen frequently during the Olympics supporting Team GB’s athletes.
The Games were officially opened by the Queen, whose entrance came after a now much-talked about video in which she appeared with Daniel Craig who was playing James Bond.
Prince Harry attended the closing ceremony of the Olympics as the Queen’s representative, and also attended a number of sporting events throughout the Games.
The Duchess of Cambridge, a keen sportswoman, attended events on almost every day of the Games, and also met volunteers and members of the Armed Forces who helped at the Games.
She was unafraid to show emotion during the course of competitions, cheering, grimacing and waiting in anticipation as athletes surged to victory or just fell short of the mark.
The Duchess, along with her husband the Duke of Cambridge, even took part in Mexican waves at a number of venues.
The Princess Royal, who is president of the British Olympic Association (BOA), also attended a number events, and presented her daughter Zara Phillips with a medal when the equestrian team won a silver in the eventing.
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Man charged with Beckton murder as victim named
- 3 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
- 4 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 5 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 8 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 9 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 10 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
See pictures of the Royals at the Olympics in our gallery on this page.