London 2012 ten years on: What are your memories?
- Credit: PA
This year marks the tenth anniversary of London 2012 and we want to hear from you about your memories of the Games.
This paper is planning coverage looking back at when the Olympics and Paralympics came to east London but also at their legacy.
Were you involved in the opening and closing ceremonies? Did you volunteer as a gamesmaker or in any other capacity?
Were you there when the likes of Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill, Sir Mo Farah, Ellie Simmonds or Dame Sarah Storey won gold?
What about ten years on? Do you live in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park or are you a regular park user?
Have you been inspired or impacted by the Games?
If any of the above applies, we'd like to learn about your experiences.
- 1 Teenager from Newham found safe and well
- 2 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 3 The ex-gang member who turned from crime to become a pastor mentoring young people
- 4 Gainsborough Avenue stabbing: 14-year-old boy charged
- 5 Pensioner dies after being critically injured in East Ham crash
- 6 Custom House school showing evidence of becoming outstanding, Ofsted says
- 7 Two arrests after multi-vehicle crash on Barking Road
- 8 East London NHS trusts appoint first group chief executive amid 'collaboration'
- 9 Newham invites community to explore NHS jobs at local fair
- 10 No room for sentiment says West Ham's Noble
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your London 2012 story as well as a photo of yourself and any relevant pictures relating to your London 2012 experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.