London 2012: Olympics day three in pictures
Great Britain’s men’s gymnastics team flipped into the history books with a bronze medal on the third day of the Olympics.
Louis Smith, Max Whitlock, Daniel Purvis, Sam Oldham and Kristian Thomas secured Britain’s first Olympic men’s team medal in a century at the North Greenwich Arena.
They were originally awarded silver, but an appeal from fourth placed Japan saw them pushed to bronze, with Japan taking the silver and China retaining gold.
Elsewhere, Tom Daley and Pete Waterfield missed out on a podium finish in the men’s 10m platform synchro dive.
The pair were in the lead halfway through the competition, but their fourth dive caused them to slip in the rankings, and they finished the event in fourth place.
You may also want to watch:
The equestrian team, including Zara Phillips, finished day three of the Olympics in silver medal position.
Check out our picture gallery of day three of the Games on this page.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final