London 2012: Olympics day three in pictures
Great Britain’s men’s gymnastics team flipped into the history books with a bronze medal on the third day of the Olympics.
Louis Smith, Max Whitlock, Daniel Purvis, Sam Oldham and Kristian Thomas secured Britain’s first Olympic men’s team medal in a century at the North Greenwich Arena.
They were originally awarded silver, but an appeal from fourth placed Japan saw them pushed to bronze, with Japan taking the silver and China retaining gold.
Elsewhere, Tom Daley and Pete Waterfield missed out on a podium finish in the men’s 10m platform synchro dive.
The pair were in the lead halfway through the competition, but their fourth dive caused them to slip in the rankings, and they finished the event in fourth place.
You may also want to watch:
The equestrian team, including Zara Phillips, finished day three of the Olympics in silver medal position.
Check out our picture gallery of day three of the Games on this page.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate