London 2012: Olympics day three in pictures
Great Britain’s men’s gymnastics team flipped into the history books with a bronze medal on the third day of the Olympics.
Louis Smith, Max Whitlock, Daniel Purvis, Sam Oldham and Kristian Thomas secured Britain’s first Olympic men’s team medal in a century at the North Greenwich Arena.
They were originally awarded silver, but an appeal from fourth placed Japan saw them pushed to bronze, with Japan taking the silver and China retaining gold.
Elsewhere, Tom Daley and Pete Waterfield missed out on a podium finish in the men’s 10m platform synchro dive.
The pair were in the lead halfway through the competition, but their fourth dive caused them to slip in the rankings, and they finished the event in fourth place.
You may also want to watch:
The equestrian team, including Zara Phillips, finished day three of the Olympics in silver medal position.
Check out our picture gallery of day three of the Games on this page.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election