London 2012: Olympics day four in pictures
Team GB’s equestrian team, which includes the Queen’s granddaughter Zara Phillips, won a silver medal on day four of the Olympic Games.
The group - Phillips, Tina Cook, William Fox-Pitt, Mary King and Nicola Wilson - were beaten by the German team who took gold.
The Princess Royal, who awarded the medals at the victory ceremony, gave her daughter a hug after she placed the medal around her neck.
Watching Phillips and the eventing team win silver were a host of royals, including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and the Duchess of Cornwall.
Britain’s female footballers had a successful day, finishing top of their group after beating Brazil 1-0 in a match at Wembley Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere day four of the Olympics proved to be historical as American swimmer Michael Phelps won his 19th medal, becoming the most decorated Olympian ever.
Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen, the 16-year-old who has defended herself against the implication that her performance is down to doping, won another gold in the pool.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
Team GB’s female gymnasts finished sixth in the team competition.
See our picture round up of day four in the gallery on this page.