London 2012: Olympics day four in pictures
Team GB’s equestrian team, which includes the Queen’s granddaughter Zara Phillips, won a silver medal on day four of the Olympic Games.
The group - Phillips, Tina Cook, William Fox-Pitt, Mary King and Nicola Wilson - were beaten by the German team who took gold.
The Princess Royal, who awarded the medals at the victory ceremony, gave her daughter a hug after she placed the medal around her neck.
Watching Phillips and the eventing team win silver were a host of royals, including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and the Duchess of Cornwall.
Britain’s female footballers had a successful day, finishing top of their group after beating Brazil 1-0 in a match at Wembley Stadium.
Elsewhere day four of the Olympics proved to be historical as American swimmer Michael Phelps won his 19th medal, becoming the most decorated Olympian ever.
Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen, the 16-year-old who has defended herself against the implication that her performance is down to doping, won another gold in the pool.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 9 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 10 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
Team GB’s female gymnasts finished sixth in the team competition.
See our picture round up of day four in the gallery on this page.