London 2012: Olympics day four in pictures
Team GB’s equestrian team, which includes the Queen’s granddaughter Zara Phillips, won a silver medal on day four of the Olympic Games.
The group - Phillips, Tina Cook, William Fox-Pitt, Mary King and Nicola Wilson - were beaten by the German team who took gold.
The Princess Royal, who awarded the medals at the victory ceremony, gave her daughter a hug after she placed the medal around her neck.
Watching Phillips and the eventing team win silver were a host of royals, including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and the Duchess of Cornwall.
Britain’s female footballers had a successful day, finishing top of their group after beating Brazil 1-0 in a match at Wembley Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere day four of the Olympics proved to be historical as American swimmer Michael Phelps won his 19th medal, becoming the most decorated Olympian ever.
Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen, the 16-year-old who has defended herself against the implication that her performance is down to doping, won another gold in the pool.
- 1 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 2 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 3 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 6 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 7 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 10 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
Team GB’s female gymnasts finished sixth in the team competition.
See our picture round up of day four in the gallery on this page.