London 2012: Olympics day 16 in pictures
The focus may have been on the closing ceremony, but there were still sporting competitions on the final day of the Olympic Games.
Team GB capped off its most successful Olympic Games in more than a century with three more medals on day 16 of the Games.
Super-heavyweight boxer Anthony Joshua won Britain’s final gold in his bout, while fellow boxer Fred Evans took a silver in his event.
Samantha Murray ran, shot, showjumped, swam and fenced her way to a second place finish in the women’s modern pentathlon.
Team GB finished the Olympics in third place in the medal table, with 65 medals - 29 golds, 17 silvers and 19 bronze.
You may also want to watch:
See pictures from the final day of the Olympic Games in our gallery on this page.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Tracey Emin sculpture unveiled at The Line art trail in Three Mills