London 2012: Olympics day 16 in pictures
The focus may have been on the closing ceremony, but there were still sporting competitions on the final day of the Olympic Games.
Team GB capped off its most successful Olympic Games in more than a century with three more medals on day 16 of the Games.
Super-heavyweight boxer Anthony Joshua won Britain’s final gold in his bout, while fellow boxer Fred Evans took a silver in his event.
Samantha Murray ran, shot, showjumped, swam and fenced her way to a second place finish in the women’s modern pentathlon.
Team GB finished the Olympics in third place in the medal table, with 65 medals - 29 golds, 17 silvers and 19 bronze.
You may also want to watch:
See pictures from the final day of the Olympic Games in our gallery on this page.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber