London 2012: Olympics day 16 in pictures
The focus may have been on the closing ceremony, but there were still sporting competitions on the final day of the Olympic Games.
Team GB capped off its most successful Olympic Games in more than a century with three more medals on day 16 of the Games.
Super-heavyweight boxer Anthony Joshua won Britain’s final gold in his bout, while fellow boxer Fred Evans took a silver in his event.
Samantha Murray ran, shot, showjumped, swam and fenced her way to a second place finish in the women’s modern pentathlon.
Team GB finished the Olympics in third place in the medal table, with 65 medals - 29 golds, 17 silvers and 19 bronze.
You may also want to watch:
See pictures from the final day of the Olympic Games in our gallery on this page.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election