London 2012: Olympics day 14 in pictures
Team GB added to its medal haul on day 14, but the men’s 4x100m team suffered disappointment after being disqualified from their event.
The team of Adam Gemili, Martyn Rooney, Danny Talbot and Dwain Chambers failed to make it through to the finals of the 4x100m relay after a changeover between Talbot and Gemili took place outside the designated zone.
There was also disappointment for the men’s 4x400m relay team, who came fourth in their final.
But there was good news for the women’s 4x400m team - Shana Cox, Lee McConnell, Eilidh Child and Christine Ohuruogu - who booked their place in the final of their event.
The Duchess of Cambridge watched as the women’s hockey team claimed an Olympic bronze medal against New Zealand.
You may also want to watch:
There were silvers for sailors Hannah Mills and Saskia Clark, and Luke Patience and Stuart Bithell. Lutalo Muhammad won a bronze in the under-80kgs men’s taekwondo.
Anthony Ogogo lost his boxing semi-final, winning a bronze medal, but gold medal hopeful Shanaze Reade, watched by Prime Minister David Cameron, his wife Samantha, Chancellor George Osborne and David Beckham, could only finish sixth in the women’s BMX.
- 1 £10k reward offered one year after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern welcomes back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Beckton state school outshines top independents in Mandarin competition
- 7 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Cyclist casualties on borough's roads rise as more people travel by bike
See pictures from day 14 of the Games in our gallery on this page.