London 2012: Olympics day 14 in pictures
Team GB added to its medal haul on day 14, but the men’s 4x100m team suffered disappointment after being disqualified from their event.
The team of Adam Gemili, Martyn Rooney, Danny Talbot and Dwain Chambers failed to make it through to the finals of the 4x100m relay after a changeover between Talbot and Gemili took place outside the designated zone.
There was also disappointment for the men’s 4x400m relay team, who came fourth in their final.
But there was good news for the women’s 4x400m team - Shana Cox, Lee McConnell, Eilidh Child and Christine Ohuruogu - who booked their place in the final of their event.
The Duchess of Cambridge watched as the women’s hockey team claimed an Olympic bronze medal against New Zealand.
There were silvers for sailors Hannah Mills and Saskia Clark, and Luke Patience and Stuart Bithell. Lutalo Muhammad won a bronze in the under-80kgs men’s taekwondo.
Anthony Ogogo lost his boxing semi-final, winning a bronze medal, but gold medal hopeful Shanaze Reade, watched by Prime Minister David Cameron, his wife Samantha, Chancellor George Osborne and David Beckham, could only finish sixth in the women’s BMX.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 6 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 10 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
See pictures from day 14 of the Games in our gallery on this page.