London 2012: Olympics day 13 in pictures
Team GB boxer Nicola Adams made history on day 13 of the Games by becoming the first Olympic woman boxing champion.
And on the track Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt set a new record by becoming the first person to defend both 100m and 200m sprint titles in two consecutive Games.
Adams won one of three golds for Team GB yesterday. She beat China’s Ren Cancan at the ExCeL, in front of an audience which included the Duchess of Cambridge.
Earlier, rider Charlotte Dujardin won her second gold of the Olympics in the individual dressage. Her win means she joins Dame Kelly Holmes, Rebecca Adlington and Laura Trott as elite women who have won two golds in one Games.
Teammate Laura Bechtolsheimer won bronze in the same event.
And Team GB won a late gold on Thursday as teenager Jade Jones took the top spot in the taekwondo women’s under-57kg category.
Sprinter Bolt led all the way in the men’s 200m final, with fellow Jamaicans Yohan Blake, who won silver in the men’s 100m, and Warren Weir taking silver and bronze respectively.
- 1 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 2 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 3 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 NewVIc’s SU President reflects on first year at college: 'It's amazing for those who want to be here!'
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 9 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 10 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
David Rudisha from Kenya broke his own world record in the 800m, becoming the first person to run the race in under 1minute 40seconds.
While a number of Team GB’s athletes were celebrating success, there was disappointment for the men’s hockey team, who lost their match against Holland 9-2.
See our pictures from day 13 of the Games in our gallery on this page.