London 2012: Olympics day 13 in pictures
Team GB boxer Nicola Adams made history on day 13 of the Games by becoming the first Olympic woman boxing champion.
And on the track Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt set a new record by becoming the first person to defend both 100m and 200m sprint titles in two consecutive Games.
Adams won one of three golds for Team GB yesterday. She beat China’s Ren Cancan at the ExCeL, in front of an audience which included the Duchess of Cambridge.
Earlier, rider Charlotte Dujardin won her second gold of the Olympics in the individual dressage. Her win means she joins Dame Kelly Holmes, Rebecca Adlington and Laura Trott as elite women who have won two golds in one Games.
Teammate Laura Bechtolsheimer won bronze in the same event.
You may also want to watch:
And Team GB won a late gold on Thursday as teenager Jade Jones took the top spot in the taekwondo women’s under-57kg category.
Sprinter Bolt led all the way in the men’s 200m final, with fellow Jamaicans Yohan Blake, who won silver in the men’s 100m, and Warren Weir taking silver and bronze respectively.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
David Rudisha from Kenya broke his own world record in the 800m, becoming the first person to run the race in under 1minute 40seconds.
While a number of Team GB’s athletes were celebrating success, there was disappointment for the men’s hockey team, who lost their match against Holland 9-2.
See our pictures from day 13 of the Games in our gallery on this page.