London 2012: Olympics day 13 in pictures
Team GB boxer Nicola Adams made history on day 13 of the Games by becoming the first Olympic woman boxing champion.
And on the track Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt set a new record by becoming the first person to defend both 100m and 200m sprint titles in two consecutive Games.
Adams won one of three golds for Team GB yesterday. She beat China’s Ren Cancan at the ExCeL, in front of an audience which included the Duchess of Cambridge.
Earlier, rider Charlotte Dujardin won her second gold of the Olympics in the individual dressage. Her win means she joins Dame Kelly Holmes, Rebecca Adlington and Laura Trott as elite women who have won two golds in one Games.
Teammate Laura Bechtolsheimer won bronze in the same event.
You may also want to watch:
And Team GB won a late gold on Thursday as teenager Jade Jones took the top spot in the taekwondo women’s under-57kg category.
Sprinter Bolt led all the way in the men’s 200m final, with fellow Jamaicans Yohan Blake, who won silver in the men’s 100m, and Warren Weir taking silver and bronze respectively.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
David Rudisha from Kenya broke his own world record in the 800m, becoming the first person to run the race in under 1minute 40seconds.
While a number of Team GB’s athletes were celebrating success, there was disappointment for the men’s hockey team, who lost their match against Holland 9-2.
See our pictures from day 13 of the Games in our gallery on this page.