London 2012: Olympics day 13 in pictures
Team GB boxer Nicola Adams made history on day 13 of the Games by becoming the first Olympic woman boxing champion.
And on the track Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt set a new record by becoming the first person to defend both 100m and 200m sprint titles in two consecutive Games.
Adams won one of three golds for Team GB yesterday. She beat China’s Ren Cancan at the ExCeL, in front of an audience which included the Duchess of Cambridge.
Earlier, rider Charlotte Dujardin won her second gold of the Olympics in the individual dressage. Her win means she joins Dame Kelly Holmes, Rebecca Adlington and Laura Trott as elite women who have won two golds in one Games.
Teammate Laura Bechtolsheimer won bronze in the same event.
You may also want to watch:
And Team GB won a late gold on Thursday as teenager Jade Jones took the top spot in the taekwondo women’s under-57kg category.
Sprinter Bolt led all the way in the men’s 200m final, with fellow Jamaicans Yohan Blake, who won silver in the men’s 100m, and Warren Weir taking silver and bronze respectively.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
David Rudisha from Kenya broke his own world record in the 800m, becoming the first person to run the race in under 1minute 40seconds.
While a number of Team GB’s athletes were celebrating success, there was disappointment for the men’s hockey team, who lost their match against Holland 9-2.
See our pictures from day 13 of the Games in our gallery on this page.