London 2012: Olympics day 12 in pictures
Britain’s medal winning ways came to a temporary halt on day 12 of the Games.
But despite the lack of wins there was good news for some Team GB athletes, who made it through to the finals of their events.
Mo Farah, who won the men’s 10,000 metre race, qualified for the final of the men’s 5,000 metres.
Boxer Nicola Adams is guaranteed at least a silver medal after fighting her way to the first women’s Olympic final.
The flyweight beat India’s five-time world champion Mary Kom and will meet Ren Cancan in the final.
There was disappointment for showjumper Nick Skelton, who missed out on any medals in the individual competition, and the women’s hockey team lost in their semi-final against Argentina.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 9 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 10 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats