London 2012: Olympics day 12 in pictures
Britain’s medal winning ways came to a temporary halt on day 12 of the Games.
But despite the lack of wins there was good news for some Team GB athletes, who made it through to the finals of their events.
Mo Farah, who won the men’s 10,000 metre race, qualified for the final of the men’s 5,000 metres.
Boxer Nicola Adams is guaranteed at least a silver medal after fighting her way to the first women’s Olympic final.
The flyweight beat India’s five-time world champion Mary Kom and will meet Ren Cancan in the final.
You may also want to watch:
There was disappointment for showjumper Nick Skelton, who missed out on any medals in the individual competition, and the women’s hockey team lost in their semi-final against Argentina.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 9 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing