London 2012: Olympics day 12 in pictures
Britain’s medal winning ways came to a temporary halt on day 12 of the Games.
But despite the lack of wins there was good news for some Team GB athletes, who made it through to the finals of their events.
Mo Farah, who won the men’s 10,000 metre race, qualified for the final of the men’s 5,000 metres.
Boxer Nicola Adams is guaranteed at least a silver medal after fighting her way to the first women’s Olympic final.
The flyweight beat India’s five-time world champion Mary Kom and will meet Ren Cancan in the final.
You may also want to watch:
There was disappointment for showjumper Nick Skelton, who missed out on any medals in the individual competition, and the women’s hockey team lost in their semi-final against Argentina.
- 1 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 2 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 3 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 6 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
- 7 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 10 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class