London 2012: Olympic Torch relay final week in pictures
Millions of people have turned out across the capital to catch a glimpse of the Olympic Torch on the final week of the relay.
In the past six days the Torch has been greeted by royalty, visited some of London’s most iconic buildings and been carried by hundreds of inspirational torchbearers, as seen in our picture gallery of highlights on this page.
Among the torchbearers was Ron Cooper, 84, who carried the Torch in Newham on Saturday, July 21. He competed at the 1948 London Olympics as a boxer.
Fauja Singh, 101, was the oldest torchbearer when he carried the Flame in Newham on the same day as Ron.
Musicians have also carried the Flame, from Paloma Faith in Newham to concert pianist Lang Lang in Hornchurch on Sunday to Katy B in Hillingdon on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday the Torch was greeted by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry when it reached Buckingham Palace.
Athletes past and present including Phillips Idowu, James Cracknell and Andy Murray have carried the Flame in the last six days.
- 1 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 2 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 8 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
Over the 70 days of the relay, ending today, the Torch has been carried by 8,000 people and visited more than 1,000 communities across the country.