London 2012: Olympic Torch relay final week in pictures
Millions of people have turned out across the capital to catch a glimpse of the Olympic Torch on the final week of the relay.
In the past six days the Torch has been greeted by royalty, visited some of London’s most iconic buildings and been carried by hundreds of inspirational torchbearers, as seen in our picture gallery of highlights on this page.
Among the torchbearers was Ron Cooper, 84, who carried the Torch in Newham on Saturday, July 21. He competed at the 1948 London Olympics as a boxer.
Fauja Singh, 101, was the oldest torchbearer when he carried the Flame in Newham on the same day as Ron.
Musicians have also carried the Flame, from Paloma Faith in Newham to concert pianist Lang Lang in Hornchurch on Sunday to Katy B in Hillingdon on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday the Torch was greeted by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry when it reached Buckingham Palace.
Athletes past and present including Phillips Idowu, James Cracknell and Andy Murray have carried the Flame in the last six days.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 7 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 8 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
Over the 70 days of the relay, ending today, the Torch has been carried by 8,000 people and visited more than 1,000 communities across the country.