London 2012: Olympic Torch relay final week in pictures
Millions of people have turned out across the capital to catch a glimpse of the Olympic Torch on the final week of the relay.
In the past six days the Torch has been greeted by royalty, visited some of London’s most iconic buildings and been carried by hundreds of inspirational torchbearers, as seen in our picture gallery of highlights on this page.
Among the torchbearers was Ron Cooper, 84, who carried the Torch in Newham on Saturday, July 21. He competed at the 1948 London Olympics as a boxer.
Fauja Singh, 101, was the oldest torchbearer when he carried the Flame in Newham on the same day as Ron.
Musicians have also carried the Flame, from Paloma Faith in Newham to concert pianist Lang Lang in Hornchurch on Sunday to Katy B in Hillingdon on Tuesday.
Yesterday the Torch was greeted by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry when it reached Buckingham Palace.
Athletes past and present including Phillips Idowu, James Cracknell and Andy Murray have carried the Flame in the last six days.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 3 We need a couple of bodies says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 6 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
- 7 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 8 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 9 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
Over the 70 days of the relay, ending today, the Torch has been carried by 8,000 people and visited more than 1,000 communities across the country.