London 2012: Olympic football tickets back on sale today
Tickets go back on sale this morning for the football tournament at the Olympics.
Around one million tickets have already been sold for the football, but there are still 1.5m left.
The London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) will also announce later this week arrangements for the sale of remaining tickets for all sports at the Games.
Football tickets will go on sale at 11am today until 11pm on Sunday, May 6 on a first come, first served basis at www.tickets.london2012.com or 0844 847 2012.
The Olympic Football Tournament will take place at six venues across the UK - Hampden Park in Glasgow, Old Trafford in Manchester, Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, St James’ Park in Newcastle, City of Coventry Stadium and Wembley Stadium in London.
You may also want to watch:
The draw for the football tournament took place last week. Team GB’s women’s team will start the Olympics with a match against New Zealand in Cardiff.
In the men’s tournament, current world champions Spain will play Japan at Hampden Park while New Zealand will face Brazil at St James’ Park.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
LOCOG commercial director Chris Townsend said: “Now that the draw has taken place, we are delighted to put remaining tickets on sale to see some of the world’s most exciting young footballers in the Olympic Games.
“This is a great opportunity for people across the UK to be part of the Games, and see great matches at great prices.”
Tickets for the football start at �20 for adults, with special prices available for under 16s and over 60s at many matches.