London 2012: Olympic football tickets back on sale today
Tickets go back on sale this morning for the football tournament at the Olympics.
Around one million tickets have already been sold for the football, but there are still 1.5m left.
The London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) will also announce later this week arrangements for the sale of remaining tickets for all sports at the Games.
Football tickets will go on sale at 11am today until 11pm on Sunday, May 6 on a first come, first served basis at www.tickets.london2012.com or 0844 847 2012.
The Olympic Football Tournament will take place at six venues across the UK - Hampden Park in Glasgow, Old Trafford in Manchester, Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, St James’ Park in Newcastle, City of Coventry Stadium and Wembley Stadium in London.
The draw for the football tournament took place last week. Team GB’s women’s team will start the Olympics with a match against New Zealand in Cardiff.
In the men’s tournament, current world champions Spain will play Japan at Hampden Park while New Zealand will face Brazil at St James’ Park.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 3 Dawson determined to see West Ham bounce back
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 6 Campaigners dress as animals to deliver letters about farm closure
- 7 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 8 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 9 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 10 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
LOCOG commercial director Chris Townsend said: “Now that the draw has taken place, we are delighted to put remaining tickets on sale to see some of the world’s most exciting young footballers in the Olympic Games.
“This is a great opportunity for people across the UK to be part of the Games, and see great matches at great prices.”
Tickets for the football start at �20 for adults, with special prices available for under 16s and over 60s at many matches.