London 2012 furniture given to east London charities
Community groups and small charities across east London will receive furniture from London 2012 donated by sponsors ArcelorMittal.
The East London Community Foundation (ELCF), a charity that distributes small grants to community groups, were given over 100 items used during the Olympic Games in the hospitality suite at the Renaissance St Pancras Hotel in Kings Cross.
Also responsible for the red ArcelorMittal Orbit tower in the Olympic Park. the global steel and mining company made an additional cash donation of almost �2,000 to the ELCF’s East London Legacy 2012 Fund to support future grants for small, local, and voluntary groups.
In Redbridge, Friends of One North East, a charity supporting those recovering from substance abuse, and the Refugee and Migrant Forum of East London (RAMFEL) have been chosen.
While in Barking & Dagenham, sheltered housing complex Barnmead Court and 4 Betteh, who provide training, work experience, and volunteer support to disadvantaged individuals and community groups, will benefit from the donations.
You may also want to watch:
The final programme is homelessness hostel OK Foundation in Haringey.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation