London 2012 furniture given to east London charities
Community groups and small charities across east London will receive furniture from London 2012 donated by sponsors ArcelorMittal.
The East London Community Foundation (ELCF), a charity that distributes small grants to community groups, were given over 100 items used during the Olympic Games in the hospitality suite at the Renaissance St Pancras Hotel in Kings Cross.
Also responsible for the red ArcelorMittal Orbit tower in the Olympic Park. the global steel and mining company made an additional cash donation of almost �2,000 to the ELCF’s East London Legacy 2012 Fund to support future grants for small, local, and voluntary groups.
In Redbridge, Friends of One North East, a charity supporting those recovering from substance abuse, and the Refugee and Migrant Forum of East London (RAMFEL) have been chosen.
While in Barking & Dagenham, sheltered housing complex Barnmead Court and 4 Betteh, who provide training, work experience, and volunteer support to disadvantaged individuals and community groups, will benefit from the donations.
The final programme is homelessness hostel OK Foundation in Haringey.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 4 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies