London 2012 furniture given to east London charities
Community groups and small charities across east London will receive furniture from London 2012 donated by sponsors ArcelorMittal.
The East London Community Foundation (ELCF), a charity that distributes small grants to community groups, were given over 100 items used during the Olympic Games in the hospitality suite at the Renaissance St Pancras Hotel in Kings Cross.
Also responsible for the red ArcelorMittal Orbit tower in the Olympic Park. the global steel and mining company made an additional cash donation of almost �2,000 to the ELCF’s East London Legacy 2012 Fund to support future grants for small, local, and voluntary groups.
In Redbridge, Friends of One North East, a charity supporting those recovering from substance abuse, and the Refugee and Migrant Forum of East London (RAMFEL) have been chosen.
While in Barking & Dagenham, sheltered housing complex Barnmead Court and 4 Betteh, who provide training, work experience, and volunteer support to disadvantaged individuals and community groups, will benefit from the donations.
You may also want to watch:
The final programme is homelessness hostel OK Foundation in Haringey.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham