London 2012: Athletes’ coach blaze at Canning Town depot
An Olympic coach providing transport for the Athletes’ Village caught fire in Canning Town this afternoon.
The London Fire Brigade was called to the Athlete Coach Depot at Stephenson Street at 4.52pm where they said the vehicle was ‘fully alight’.
A LOCOG spokesperson said: “Fire Services were called to the Athlete Coach Depot today following a reported fire.
“Fire Services were called to the area where coaches are gathered before being deployed to the Athletes Village.”
Four engines from Poplar, Millwall and Greenwich fire stations were called to the scene and around 20 firefighters are currently tackling the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
The Metropolitan Police helicopter service were also assisting firefighters during the incident.
Firefighters put the fire out at 5.33pm and prevented flames spreading to other coaches.
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more