London 2012: Athletes’ coach blaze at Canning Town depot
An Olympic coach providing transport for the Athletes’ Village caught fire in Canning Town this afternoon.
The London Fire Brigade was called to the Athlete Coach Depot at Stephenson Street at 4.52pm where they said the vehicle was ‘fully alight’.
A LOCOG spokesperson said: “Fire Services were called to the Athlete Coach Depot today following a reported fire.
“Fire Services were called to the area where coaches are gathered before being deployed to the Athletes Village.”
Four engines from Poplar, Millwall and Greenwich fire stations were called to the scene and around 20 firefighters are currently tackling the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
The Metropolitan Police helicopter service were also assisting firefighters during the incident.
Firefighters put the fire out at 5.33pm and prevented flames spreading to other coaches.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services