London 2012: Advance warning of parking restrictions
Not long to go, fewer than 80 days in fact, when Newham and Stratford in particular will be awash with visitors for the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Important information about parking restrictions during the summer sports fest has been published by the games organisers Locog in consultation with Newham Council.
They hope to ensure that residents and businesses can drive and park with minimal disruption..
Owners of vehicles not registered with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency are warned to act now for fear of having your motor impounded.
The measures, say Newham Council, are being introduced to ensure that parking spaces in the borough are preserved for locals and are not taken over by visitors.
You may also want to watch:
July 21 to August 12 and August 29 to September 9. Additional parking rules will operate across Newham from 8am-9pm when a virtual or paper permit will be required to park. All existing parking rules, such as yellow lines, loading bays will continue. Vehicles registers in an RPZ are automatically resisted with Locog
Information packs are to be sent out by June 15.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford