Locals meet with doctors at annual CCG meeting in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
Members of the public engaged with doctors and healthcare specialists during Newham’s annual Clinical Commissioning Group meeting on Tuesday.
Around 150 people attended the meeting at the East Twenty Bar & Kitchen, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, to hear about the progress Newham CCG has made in the last year and to find out more about their projects for the future.
Principal topics of discussion included diabetes care for young people and personal health budgets.
Board members of the CCG also gave information on their plans to tackle high rates of Tuberculosis (TB) by targeting treatment to those who are diagnosed with latent TB - a less aggressive form of the illness that carries no symptoms and is non-infectious but can lead to active TB.
Newham currently has the worst rates of TB in the capital with 107 cases per 100,000 people.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Zuhair Zarifa, NHS Newham CCG chair, said: “It was excellent that so many local people came and engaged in last night’s discussions. Working alongside residents, community groups and our partners in health and social care, we are listening to what local people say and using this to improve services for people in Newham.
“Diabetes care for young people, personal health budgets and our work on children and maternity services are just some of the examples we discussed at our annual general meeting.”
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham