Video: George Galloway speaks out ahead of public meeting in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
George Galloway has spoken of a “peaceful democratic revolution” in a video online released to promote his appearance at a public meeting in East Ham tomorrow.
The former MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, who is now an MP for Bradford, filmed a two minute clip for the YouTube channel ‘molucca Red’ inviting people to the “Newham Spring” event being held by Newham People’s Alliance.
He called for an end to the “New Labour dictatorship in Newham that has ridden roughshod over the interests of the people”.
He added: “New Labour has absolute power in Newham. It holds every single council seat which is unhealthy in any society and it has the all powerful office of Mayor year after year.”
It is understood Lee Jasper, Yvonne Ridley, and Mufti Shah Sadruddin may also be speaking at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Galloway relaunched his Respect party in Newham in December where he criticised the Council’s decision to reject plans for a new mosque at the Riverine Centre in West Ham.
Last week, Newham Council dismissed the organisers of the meeting as a “vocal minority” who do “not represent the views of Newham residents”.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
The event, dubbed “Newham Spring”, will take place tomorrow at 7pm, at Empire, 593 Barking Road, East Ham, E6 2LW.