Video: George Galloway speaks out ahead of public meeting in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
George Galloway has spoken of a “peaceful democratic revolution” in a video online released to promote his appearance at a public meeting in East Ham tomorrow.
The former MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, who is now an MP for Bradford, filmed a two minute clip for the YouTube channel ‘molucca Red’ inviting people to the “Newham Spring” event being held by Newham People’s Alliance.
He called for an end to the “New Labour dictatorship in Newham that has ridden roughshod over the interests of the people”.
He added: “New Labour has absolute power in Newham. It holds every single council seat which is unhealthy in any society and it has the all powerful office of Mayor year after year.”
It is understood Lee Jasper, Yvonne Ridley, and Mufti Shah Sadruddin may also be speaking at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Galloway relaunched his Respect party in Newham in December where he criticised the Council’s decision to reject plans for a new mosque at the Riverine Centre in West Ham.
Last week, Newham Council dismissed the organisers of the meeting as a “vocal minority” who do “not represent the views of Newham residents”.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 5 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 6 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss
The event, dubbed “Newham Spring”, will take place tomorrow at 7pm, at Empire, 593 Barking Road, East Ham, E6 2LW.