Video: George Galloway speaks out ahead of public meeting in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
George Galloway has spoken of a “peaceful democratic revolution” in a video online released to promote his appearance at a public meeting in East Ham tomorrow.
The former MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, who is now an MP for Bradford, filmed a two minute clip for the YouTube channel ‘molucca Red’ inviting people to the “Newham Spring” event being held by Newham People’s Alliance.
He called for an end to the “New Labour dictatorship in Newham that has ridden roughshod over the interests of the people”.
He added: “New Labour has absolute power in Newham. It holds every single council seat which is unhealthy in any society and it has the all powerful office of Mayor year after year.”
It is understood Lee Jasper, Yvonne Ridley, and Mufti Shah Sadruddin may also be speaking at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Galloway relaunched his Respect party in Newham in December where he criticised the Council’s decision to reject plans for a new mosque at the Riverine Centre in West Ham.
Last week, Newham Council dismissed the organisers of the meeting as a “vocal minority” who do “not represent the views of Newham residents”.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
The event, dubbed “Newham Spring”, will take place tomorrow at 7pm, at Empire, 593 Barking Road, East Ham, E6 2LW.