Video: George Galloway speaks out ahead of public meeting in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
George Galloway has spoken of a “peaceful democratic revolution” in a video online released to promote his appearance at a public meeting in East Ham tomorrow.
The former MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, who is now an MP for Bradford, filmed a two minute clip for the YouTube channel ‘molucca Red’ inviting people to the “Newham Spring” event being held by Newham People’s Alliance.
He called for an end to the “New Labour dictatorship in Newham that has ridden roughshod over the interests of the people”.
He added: “New Labour has absolute power in Newham. It holds every single council seat which is unhealthy in any society and it has the all powerful office of Mayor year after year.”
It is understood Lee Jasper, Yvonne Ridley, and Mufti Shah Sadruddin may also be speaking at the event.
Mr Galloway relaunched his Respect party in Newham in December where he criticised the Council’s decision to reject plans for a new mosque at the Riverine Centre in West Ham.
Last week, Newham Council dismissed the organisers of the meeting as a “vocal minority” who do “not represent the views of Newham residents”.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 5 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 6 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 7 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 8 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 9 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
The event, dubbed “Newham Spring”, will take place tomorrow at 7pm, at Empire, 593 Barking Road, East Ham, E6 2LW.