Video: George Galloway speaks out ahead of public meeting in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
George Galloway has spoken of a “peaceful democratic revolution” in a video online released to promote his appearance at a public meeting in East Ham tomorrow.
The former MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, who is now an MP for Bradford, filmed a two minute clip for the YouTube channel ‘molucca Red’ inviting people to the “Newham Spring” event being held by Newham People’s Alliance.
He called for an end to the “New Labour dictatorship in Newham that has ridden roughshod over the interests of the people”.
He added: “New Labour has absolute power in Newham. It holds every single council seat which is unhealthy in any society and it has the all powerful office of Mayor year after year.”
It is understood Lee Jasper, Yvonne Ridley, and Mufti Shah Sadruddin may also be speaking at the event.
Mr Galloway relaunched his Respect party in Newham in December where he criticised the Council’s decision to reject plans for a new mosque at the Riverine Centre in West Ham.
Last week, Newham Council dismissed the organisers of the meeting as a “vocal minority” who do “not represent the views of Newham residents”.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 3 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 4 Fire breaks out in Canning Town house
- 5 Police investigate fire at derelict Forest Gate church
- 6 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 7 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 8 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 9 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 10 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted
The event, dubbed “Newham Spring”, will take place tomorrow at 7pm, at Empire, 593 Barking Road, East Ham, E6 2LW.