Tens of thousands pack into Mayor’s Newham Show with CBBC characters Zing Zillas
- Credit: Archant
Forget about Justin Timberlake at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. The hottest bill in town at the weekend was the ZingZillas at the Mayor’s Newham Show in East Ham.
That was according to the presenters at Central Park as the children’s characters from the CBBC show took to the main stage Sunday.
They held their own big Zing performing hits such as Bubble, Trouble Bhangra, and Do You Didgeridoo.
Tens of thousands of residents streamed through the gates to the park along High Street South throughout the two day event.
Inside children tried to keep cool in the sweltering temperatures at Newham by the Seaside, an installed beach complete with deck chairs, donkey rides and a helter skelter. A steel band and stalls serving up coconut juice helped give it a Caribbean feel.
You may also want to watch:
The event also featured a children’s area with everything from a bouncy castle to face painters and story tellers. A variety of local acts also took to the main stage, which featured the talent finals for Time to Shine.
But there are also plenty of activities for older residents with a Cabaret Tent with live entertainment and a Hobbies and Craft Tent with workshops.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
The Sports Zone gave advice on how to get active and stay healthy, and the Health Zone offered free health MOTs.
Share your memories with us:
If you were re out and about at the Mayor’s Newham Show and Newham Carnival with family and friends, share your snaps with us by tweeting them @NewhamRecorder, posting them on our timeline at www.facebook.com/Newham.Recorder or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Mayor’s Newham Show and we’ll try to feature as many of them in the newspaper on Wednesday and online at www.newhamrecorder.co.uk as we can.