Shots fired in incident in Plaistow street
Police are investigating reports of shots being fired in a Plaistow street in the early hours of yesterday morning.
Scotland Yard confirmed todat that officers responded to calls made by local people to reports of shots being fired in Wanlip Road, Plaistow, at about 3am.
One resident told the Recorder: “We heard three gun shots at around 3am. The area near Wanlip Road and Esk Road was cordoned off early yesterday morning for a few hours.
“It is something locals need to be aware of.”
The Scotland Yard spokesman said officers attended the scene but could find no one about. “We did however, find evidence that shots had been fired.”
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Trident are now investigating.
- 1 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 2 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 3 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 8 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station