Plaistow pupils receive �600 sports equipment gift
West Ham MP Lyn Brown presented Plaistow pupils with sports equipment donated from a local supermarket.
Students at New City Primary School, on New City Road, travelled to Tesco Metro in Upton Park to collect a box of sports gear including skipping ropes and craft supplies worth �600.
Ms Brown officially handed over the gifts with store manager Antone Depass.
Ms Brown said: “This is a fantastic scheme and I am really pleased to see that there are schools in Newham that have benefited from it.
“School clubs are really important to our young people and I am sure that these donations from Tesco will prove very important to the schools involved.”
You may also want to watch:
So far, four Newham schools have benefited from the Tesco Schools and Clubs equipment scheme.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 5 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 6 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 7 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners