Plaistow pupils receive �600 sports equipment gift
West Ham MP Lyn Brown presented Plaistow pupils with sports equipment donated from a local supermarket.
Students at New City Primary School, on New City Road, travelled to Tesco Metro in Upton Park to collect a box of sports gear including skipping ropes and craft supplies worth �600.
Ms Brown officially handed over the gifts with store manager Antone Depass.
Ms Brown said: “This is a fantastic scheme and I am really pleased to see that there are schools in Newham that have benefited from it.
“School clubs are really important to our young people and I am sure that these donations from Tesco will prove very important to the schools involved.”
You may also want to watch:
So far, four Newham schools have benefited from the Tesco Schools and Clubs equipment scheme.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 4 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 7 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 8 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder