Plaistow pupils receive �600 sports equipment gift
West Ham MP Lyn Brown presented Plaistow pupils with sports equipment donated from a local supermarket.
Students at New City Primary School, on New City Road, travelled to Tesco Metro in Upton Park to collect a box of sports gear including skipping ropes and craft supplies worth �600.
Ms Brown officially handed over the gifts with store manager Antone Depass.
Ms Brown said: “This is a fantastic scheme and I am really pleased to see that there are schools in Newham that have benefited from it.
“School clubs are really important to our young people and I am sure that these donations from Tesco will prove very important to the schools involved.”
You may also want to watch:
So far, four Newham schools have benefited from the Tesco Schools and Clubs equipment scheme.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money