Pictured: Custom House stabbing victim named locally as 21-year-old Ahmed Jah
- Credit: Archant
A man who was stabbed to death inside an off-licence in Custom House has been named locally as Ahmed Jah.
The 21-year-old was attacked inside BJ Wines in Freemasons Road, yesterday at around 3.30pm.
Paramedics rushed to the store but Ahmed died 10 minutes later at the scene.
Formal identification has yet to take place but next of kin have been informed.
A post mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to the Recorder, Ahmed’s cousin Marie Bangura said: “Everyone is just going through a hard time at the moment.
“He was a caring family man. He would do anything for them. He was an innocent boy who just went to the shop,” the 24-year-old added.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 5 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss
Three men in their 20s are currently being questioned on suspicion of murder.
“We just want to see justice,” Marie said. “We’re not going to stop until we do.”
Detectives are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020-8345 1570, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
More to come soon.