Pictured: Custom House stabbing victim named locally as 21-year-old Ahmed Jah
- Credit: Archant
A man who was stabbed to death inside an off-licence in Custom House has been named locally as Ahmed Jah.
The 21-year-old was attacked inside BJ Wines in Freemasons Road, yesterday at around 3.30pm.
Paramedics rushed to the store but Ahmed died 10 minutes later at the scene.
Formal identification has yet to take place but next of kin have been informed.
A post mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to the Recorder, Ahmed’s cousin Marie Bangura said: “Everyone is just going through a hard time at the moment.
“He was a caring family man. He would do anything for them. He was an innocent boy who just went to the shop,” the 24-year-old added.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 9 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
Three men in their 20s are currently being questioned on suspicion of murder.
“We just want to see justice,” Marie said. “We’re not going to stop until we do.”
Detectives are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020-8345 1570, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
More to come soon.