Newham Super Casino step closer
The council’s decision to award the license for the casino in Westfield Stratford City to operators Aspers was the subject of a Judicial Review by Apollo Genting and City & Eastern. Their bids involved siting the casino in Royal Docks and Gallions Reach where they say they would have offered a greater prospect for regeneration.
They decided to “reluctantly” pull out of the legal action before a preliminary hearing on the grounds of time and costs.
The council awarded the license to Aspers in March this year after considering bids from six bidders.
Newham is one of eight councils in england to be authorised to issue a large casino licence under the Gamblilng Act 2005.
The new large casinos will have up to 150 slot machines with a maximun jackpot of �4,000.
You may also want to watch:
However the council maintaned its decision to award the license to Aspers was fair and would withstand scrutiny.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 10 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase