Newham Super Casino step closer
The council’s decision to award the license for the casino in Westfield Stratford City to operators Aspers was the subject of a Judicial Review by Apollo Genting and City & Eastern. Their bids involved siting the casino in Royal Docks and Gallions Reach where they say they would have offered a greater prospect for regeneration.
They decided to “reluctantly” pull out of the legal action before a preliminary hearing on the grounds of time and costs.
The council awarded the license to Aspers in March this year after considering bids from six bidders.
Newham is one of eight councils in england to be authorised to issue a large casino licence under the Gamblilng Act 2005.
The new large casinos will have up to 150 slot machines with a maximun jackpot of �4,000.
You may also want to watch:
However the council maintaned its decision to award the license to Aspers was fair and would withstand scrutiny.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 5 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham