Newham Super Casino step closer
The council’s decision to award the license for the casino in Westfield Stratford City to operators Aspers was the subject of a Judicial Review by Apollo Genting and City & Eastern. Their bids involved siting the casino in Royal Docks and Gallions Reach where they say they would have offered a greater prospect for regeneration.
They decided to “reluctantly” pull out of the legal action before a preliminary hearing on the grounds of time and costs.
The council awarded the license to Aspers in March this year after considering bids from six bidders.
Newham is one of eight councils in england to be authorised to issue a large casino licence under the Gamblilng Act 2005.
The new large casinos will have up to 150 slot machines with a maximun jackpot of �4,000.
You may also want to watch:
However the council maintaned its decision to award the license to Aspers was fair and would withstand scrutiny.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 3 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 9 Knife-carrying teenager arrested after running from cops
- 10 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman