Newham’s regeneration boss Clive Dutton announces retirement
- Credit: Archant
Newham’s regeneration boss who oversaw the Olympic transformation of Stratford is set to retire at the end of the month.
Clive Dutton OBE, executive director of regeneration and inward investment, joined Newham from Birmingham City Council in September 2009 to oversee a number of projects designed to make the borough a more attractive place to investors.
These include the Stratford Metropolitan Masterplan transforming the town centre, the legacy of the Olympic site, and bringing Westfield Stratford City to the area; opening the Siemens Crystal centre and achieving Enterprise Zone status for the Royal Docks; and drawing up Newham’s Core Strategy, a regeneration blueprint for the borough until 2027.
Clive said: “It is something I have been thinking about for a while, especially as I am about to celebrate my landmark 60th birthday.
“I am leaving at a time when Newham Council’s commitment to inward investment and regeneration legacy from the 2012 Games is stronger than ever.
“I believe the momentum of the regeneration programme Newham has established will continue strongly into the future.
“The borough has massive potential for investment, growth, and greater prosperity with an abundance of land for development, excellent transport links, and a young, energetic and increasingly skilled workforce.”
- 1 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 2 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 3 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 6 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 7 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 8 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 9 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 10 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
Newham Council’s chief executive Kim Bromley-Derry said: “The balance of London is moving eastwards and Clive has helped to create an inward investment story for Newham that has put us on the world stage.”