Newham’s MPs join forces to host Jobs and Apprenticeships Fair at West Ham United
- Credit: Griffiths Photographers/Avril Hu
Neighbouring MPs Stephen Timms and Lyn Brown are teaming up to host a jobs fair to tackle unemployment in the borough.
The free event aims to bring together job experts, local employers with vacancies, apprenticeships, and work placement schemes.
There will also be workshops on CV writing and interview techniques.
This is the second year running that the Labour MPs for East Ham and West Ham have partnered up to organise a Jobs Fair for the Newham community.
Ms Brown said: “I am delighted to be hosting the second MPs’ Jobs and Apprenticeship Fair in Newham.
You may also want to watch:
“The first fair was a big success and many people who came to the fair signed up for further education or training courses or were shortlisted for jobs.”
Last year, the event attracted over 700 jobseekers and Mr Timms, who wrote about the fair in his column in last week’s paper, hopes it will repeat the success.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
He said: “Unemployment is up in Newham too. However, we have some opportunities following the success of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
“Firms are looking to invest in East London, to benefit from the legacy of London 2012.”
The MPs Jobs and Apprenticeshops Fair will be open from 10am to 4pm on Thursday May 2 at West Ham United Football Club, Boleyn Ground, Green Street, London, E13 9AZ.
To host a stand as a business with vacancies, contact call 020 7219 4000 or email email@example.com.
Join the Facebook group for more information at www.facebook.com/NewhamJobsFair2013.