Newham’s MPs join forces to host Jobs and Apprenticeships Fair at West Ham United
- Credit: Griffiths Photographers/Avril Hu
Neighbouring MPs Stephen Timms and Lyn Brown are teaming up to host a jobs fair to tackle unemployment in the borough.
The free event aims to bring together job experts, local employers with vacancies, apprenticeships, and work placement schemes.
There will also be workshops on CV writing and interview techniques.
This is the second year running that the Labour MPs for East Ham and West Ham have partnered up to organise a Jobs Fair for the Newham community.
Ms Brown said: “I am delighted to be hosting the second MPs’ Jobs and Apprenticeship Fair in Newham.
You may also want to watch:
“The first fair was a big success and many people who came to the fair signed up for further education or training courses or were shortlisted for jobs.”
Last year, the event attracted over 700 jobseekers and Mr Timms, who wrote about the fair in his column in last week’s paper, hopes it will repeat the success.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
He said: “Unemployment is up in Newham too. However, we have some opportunities following the success of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
“Firms are looking to invest in East London, to benefit from the legacy of London 2012.”
The MPs Jobs and Apprenticeshops Fair will be open from 10am to 4pm on Thursday May 2 at West Ham United Football Club, Boleyn Ground, Green Street, London, E13 9AZ.
To host a stand as a business with vacancies, contact call 020 7219 4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Facebook group for more information at www.facebook.com/NewhamJobsFair2013.