Newham’s MPs join forces to host Jobs and Apprenticeships Fair at West Ham United
- Credit: Griffiths Photographers/Avril Hu
Neighbouring MPs Stephen Timms and Lyn Brown are teaming up to host a jobs fair to tackle unemployment in the borough.
The free event aims to bring together job experts, local employers with vacancies, apprenticeships, and work placement schemes.
There will also be workshops on CV writing and interview techniques.
This is the second year running that the Labour MPs for East Ham and West Ham have partnered up to organise a Jobs Fair for the Newham community.
Ms Brown said: “I am delighted to be hosting the second MPs’ Jobs and Apprenticeship Fair in Newham.
You may also want to watch:
“The first fair was a big success and many people who came to the fair signed up for further education or training courses or were shortlisted for jobs.”
Last year, the event attracted over 700 jobseekers and Mr Timms, who wrote about the fair in his column in last week’s paper, hopes it will repeat the success.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
He said: “Unemployment is up in Newham too. However, we have some opportunities following the success of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
“Firms are looking to invest in East London, to benefit from the legacy of London 2012.”
The MPs Jobs and Apprenticeshops Fair will be open from 10am to 4pm on Thursday May 2 at West Ham United Football Club, Boleyn Ground, Green Street, London, E13 9AZ.
To host a stand as a business with vacancies, contact call 020 7219 4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Facebook group for more information at www.facebook.com/NewhamJobsFair2013.