Newham goes to the polls for AV referendum
Voting takes place today on whether the UK should change the way it elects MPs.
Polling stations across Newham will be open from 7am to allow people to have their say on the voting system used for Parliamentary elections.
Voters will be asked whether they want to replace the current first past the post method with the alternative vote — or AV — system.
If you want to keep the current system then put a cross in the “no” box. If you want to change to AV, put a cross in the “yes box”.
The polls close at 10pm and anyone who doesn’t have a ballot paper by then will not be able to vote.
You may also want to watch:
Those who have a postal vote but have forgotten to send it in can also take their ballot paper along before 10pm.
For more information call the Electoral Commission helpline on 0800 3280280.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0