Newham goes to the polls for AV referendum
Voting takes place today on whether the UK should change the way it elects MPs.
Polling stations across Newham will be open from 7am to allow people to have their say on the voting system used for Parliamentary elections.
Voters will be asked whether they want to replace the current first past the post method with the alternative vote — or AV — system.
If you want to keep the current system then put a cross in the “no” box. If you want to change to AV, put a cross in the “yes box”.
The polls close at 10pm and anyone who doesn’t have a ballot paper by then will not be able to vote.
You may also want to watch:
Those who have a postal vote but have forgotten to send it in can also take their ballot paper along before 10pm.
For more information call the Electoral Commission helpline on 0800 3280280.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research